Who Are We?
Huntsville India Association is a 33 year old non profit, non partisan, non sectarian, and secular organization, which represents the Asian Indian community in North Alabama. One of the most important objectives of the organization is to educate Huntsville and North Alabama communities about India, which is the world's largest democracy. The organization undertakes charitable, educational, scientific, and cultural programs.
Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund
Donate through PayPal
You can now donate for Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund via PayPal. Please click here for more information. Please click Donate button below to donate.
The Huntsville India Association (HIA) is pleased to announce scholarship of USD 1000.00 for two deserving students (wards of an HIA member) who are admitted to a US accredited university as a freshman in a 4-year undergraduate program.
2 Scholarships of $1,000 each (a boy and a girl).
1. Candidate should be admitted to a US accredited university as a freshman in a 4-year undergraduate program.
2. Candidate must be ward of an HIA member. One can become HIA member for a single year by paying the HIA membership fees for that year or become a life member. HIA membership fee is $25 per year or $500 for life membership. Visit http://www.hiaweb.org/membership.html to become a HIA member.
Procedure to Submit Application
The applicants will need to download the application form, print it and send the filled copy along with the supporting documents to HIA at address below:
Huntsville India Association PO Box 6861 Huntsville AL 35813.
List of Supporting Documents
1. ACT/SAT scorecard. (Must be Notarized).
2. School Transcript/Grades (Must be Notarized).
3. Proof of fees payment at a US accredited university.
4. Maximum 500 words Essay/Personal statements detailing the goals and reasons for application for the scholarship.
5. Documents for extra-curricular activities and voluntary service.
1. A scholarship committee consisting of a renowned academician, HIA committee representative and a community representative will be setup.
2. A scholarship committee will go through all applications received by the deadline.
3. Marks will be awarded to each candidate based on following categories and percentage: SAT/ACT score (50%), extra-curricular activities (sports/fine arts/robotics) (20%), community voluntary service (10%), essay (20%).
1. Start of application process: July 15th, 2015.
2. Last date of applications: August 31st, 2015.
3. Screening and review process will be finished by September 31st, 2015 and applicants will be notified by email.
4. Scholarship awardees will be facilitated on stage during Diwali celebration on November 21st, 2015 (tentative).
Women's T10 Cricket Tournament
After successful debut last year, HIA will be organizing the crowd favorite T10 Women's Cricket Tournament this summer. The dates and venue are as follows:
Date: Aug 22, 2015 at 4.30 PM
Venue: Intergraph Baseball Field#1
Fees: $55 per team
For the first time there will be day-night games. This will be a two-game series of 10 overs each side (6 balls per over). If the series is tied 1-1, the series winner will be decided by a super over (6 balls). If it is still tied after super over, winner will be decided via a bowl-out (a la penalty shoot-out in soccer). i.e. Each team will nominate 5 players. The team with most players hitting the stumps will be declared the winner of the series. If the score is still tied, the team will nominate another 5 players and so on.
The details of the tournament rules are given here.
If you have a team that wants to participate, please let us know your team's name and roster details (Player Names, Captain's Name and Person to Contact) for the tournament ASAP.
We are also welcoming sponsors for the tournament. If you would like to be the title sponsor, please get in touch with us to go over further details.
Holi Humgama 2015
Holi (pronunciation: /ˈhoʊliː/; Sanskrit: होली Holī) is a spring festival, also known as the festival of colours or the festival of love. It is an ancient Hindu religious festival which has become popular with non-Hindus in many parts of South Asia, as well as people of other communities outside Asia.
Diwali 2014 extravaganza
HIA celebrated its most exciting event of the year - Diwali 2014 Extravaganza on November 15th at James Clemens High School auditorium.
View the album here.
HIA Members Directory
On the event of HIA Picnic 2014, we distributed members directory (the first in over 8 years) to all the participants.
The directory includes contact details of over 400 HIA members.
To be a HIA member and be a part of next edition of directory please click here.
For more information, click here.
Fun in the Sun
HIA Bharat Camp
T10 Women's Cricket Tournament
Holi 2014! Colors, Music, Masti and lots of Fun...